Wednesday, October 15, 2014

POST 7 HOW GREEN ARE YOU?


  • Where do people learn about environmentally friendly practices?
  • Have you incorporated recycling into your habits? Describe
  • Do you use a bike or your legs instead of a car?
  • Have you joined or supported any eco-organizations? Why/ Why not?
  • What else have you done /would like to do?
  • What have you done to reduce your carbon footprint?
  • What's missing in our society/ Santiago regarding this issue?


     Number of words: 230
     Don't forget to make comments on at least 3 of your classmates posts.








Sometimes we think that environmentally-friendly practices are very difficult, but when you learn about them you realize that very easy practices help the environment immensely. I believe that most people are learning about environmentally-friendly practices throughout their families, TV advertisements, schools, and friends in general. People, today, are aware of the need to take care of our planet.
I can say that I somehow green in many of my daily practices such as separating my trash, using public transportation as much as I can, reusing many containers and transforming them into useful utensils in my kitchen, etc.
In my case, I have not joined any eco-friendly organizations mainly because I need to rearrange my schedule to make time to do it. However, I am planning in the future to become a volunteer at Greenpeace.  I believe this organization is one of the most important one in the world. They have been fighting for the environment for many years, for example, the forest, the climate, the oceans, etc. Also, I would like to help to develop more campaigns to protect our city, commune or just the neighborhoods.
In order to reduce carbon footprint, I have been using less spray products in my house, more public transportation, as I said before, and try to eat more raw food so I do not need to use my stove often.
In Santiago, we need more campaigns to raise a higher awareness about the necessity of having a cleaner city. We need a city where the pollution level can be lowered, for instance, by having a better public transport system.  We need many actions to have a better environment in our city.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment